Saturday, April 26, 2014

Five Days Left - Hedwig Countdown! Sugar Daddy Car Wash!

Hello LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers:

If you are a regular reader of LilyOnTheLam.Com, you will know that I am counting down the days until I see my absolute favorite musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway starring Neil Patrick Harris.

I am going to need some industrial duct tape to keep myself from singing along with EVERY SONG.  My friend Ms. Ohio and I went to the Jennifer Nettles concert recently.  There was a woman who sat directly behind us - a disaster in polyester - who sang most of the songs at the top of her lungs.  Poor dear was tone deaf - and we were just deaf by the end of the concert.  I like to sing, but I have the lyrical songstress voice of someone slowly killing a mongoose.  So I keep my "concerts" to my car when I am alone.  This is proper etiquette, people!  We paid to see the singer on stage, not to hear a train wreck's high-pitched natural catastrophe!  She was lucky I didn't stab her in the throat.  (Oops did I admit that IN TEXT?)  

To get in the mood for Hedwig (which hopefully won't have tone deaf audience members singing every song - unless that tone deaf person is me!), I am posting "mini LilyOnTheLam" posts each day until I see the show!   Today is "Five Days left."  

Today's countdown clip is from the movie "Hedwig and the Angry Inch."  It is the song "Sugar Daddy."  This song makes me want to put on a fringe skirt and play "car wash" on poor elderly folk everywhere.  Watch the clip to find out why!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...