Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Own Version of Groundhog Day: Revenge of the DVR

My DVR has decided that it is pro-"The Daily Show" and anti-"The Colbert Report."  It faithfully records a healthy dose of Jon Stewart each night and intentionally neglects to record "The Colbert Report" no matter how many times I set it.  Lucky for me, Comedy Central replays "The Colbert Report" several times each day so I am able to thwart my evil DVR's devious intentions.  However, this daily manual override of my DVR's fiendish plot has me puzzled and curious.  What the heck did "The Colbert Report" do to my DVR to deserve such treatment?  Did my DVR send money to Stephen Colbert's SuperPAC and then get upset when Mr. Colbert had a Herman Cain-Stephen Colbert rally in South Carolina?  Is my DVR protesting that Stephen Colbert does not pronounce the "T" in his last name?  Does my DVR think Jon Stewart is foxier than Stephen Colbert?  Yeah, you heard me - I said "FOXIER."  Did my DVR declare "enough is enough" after watching Bjork on "The Colbert Report?"  Is this my DVR's way of punishing me that I did not take it along with me when I attended the Jon Stewart-Stephen Colbert Rally to Restore Sanity in Washington DC?

Perhaps my DVR just enjoys re-creating scenes from the movie "Groundhog Day" by having me fight to have "The Colbert Report" recorded on a daily basis.  And trust me, "The Colbert Report" is worth the fight.

I saw "The Daily Show"'s John Oliver performing in Tampa, Florida.  (Read my blog post about it here.)  Perhaps my DVR is holding its own "Occupy Lily's Living Room" movement - canceling "The Colbert Report" until Stephen Colbert performs an in-person show in Tampa?  The joke is on my DVR, because I highly doubt the venue for a live Stephen Colbert Tampa show would be my living room.  But who am I to bring my DVR's attention to this fact?  Am I a dream-wrecker?  That's right DVR, perhaps one day the Son of South Carolina, Stephen Colbert, will put on a show in the living room.  Mr. Colbert will hop over my clowder of cats.  (Yeah, you heard me - I said "CLOWDER.")  He'll straighten his tie and he'll sing love songs to you, dear DVR.  And maybe he'll bring Herman Cain along too.  It could happen.  Sure.

For whatever reason you see fit to keep canceling my record settings for "The Colbert Report," oh dear DVR - you keep fighting the good fight.      

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...