Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New Product Wednesday: Hapi Snacks Spicy Sriracha Peas

March 7, 2012 Update:  I am super excited that my local Super Target now sells Hapi Snacks Spicy Sriracha Peas!


I like spicy, tart flavors.  I love sushi.  I even dig the "oh my God, my head is going to explode via my nasal passages" screaming pain that occurs when I eat too much wasabi.  Pain can sometimes be good when eating! 


Given all this, I am a fan of wasabi peas - peas coated in fiery Japanese horseradish.  However, like eating ice cream too fast can cause a splitting ice cream headache; gobbling too many wasabi peas at once can cause a massive sinus headache.


When the First Lady of Lynchburg (my pal NL) was in Tampa for the weekend, she demanded we make a stop at one of our mutual loves - Oceanic Asian Supermarket.  I love a good Asian market and Oceanic is my favorite in the Tampa Bay area.  Where else can you get dragon fruit, Asian pears and shrimp chips?  The produce at Oceanic is always fresh and much cheaper than I can find at the mainstream local grocery stores.  Even if you just want to pick up some good quality, inexpensive lemons, limes and garlic - that is reason enough to stop at Oceanic.


While shopping with NL, I spotted a red can near the wasabi peas.  What was this?  Sriracha peas!  WHAT?  When did they start making sriracha peas?  I love spicy red chili sriracha sauce!  I had to check this out! 






I bought a can of Hapi Snacks Spicy Sriracha Peas - chili garlic coated green peas and I was NOT disappointed.  It had all the crunch and zest of wasabi peas but without the nasal-piercing heat.  Quality snacking here!


If you're looking for a crunchy snack with heat and spice, check out these sriracha peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...