Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Product Wednesday: Gift-giving ideas - Mozzarella Cheesemaking Kit

The holiday season is upon us, so I thought I would change up "New Product Wednesday" into "Potential Gift Ideas Wednesday." 

I was at Sur La Table in Sarasota, FL when I spotted this little cannister - Roaring Brook Dairy's Mozzarella Cheesemaking Kit ($23 USD).  I thought this would be a great little gift for foodie friends.  

This little kit claims that with one gallon of milk and about an hour of your time, you can produce four pounds of mozzarella cheese.  I suggest giving this gift with a print out of The Pioneer Woman's Caprese Salad recipe and a card that says:  "Hint, hint!"  Or for the not-so-subtle, a card that says: "MAKE ME SOME CHEESE!  NOW!" 

Roaring Brook Dairy's website has a handy video to help the novice cheesemakers hone their craft.  It is extremely thorough in detail - so if you're scared of cheesemaking, don't worry the reassuring video will walk you through it.  In the video, as a variation the woman detailing the steps puts dill in the cheese curds.  Dill and Mozzarella?  Interesting!  

The only downside of the video is that everytime the woman says "Moose-zerella" I start laughing hysterically.  But I have the maturity of a 5 year old boy.




So if you are looking for a fun gift idea for foodie friends and family, check out this Mozzarella Cheesemaking Kit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...