Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oh Silly Boys ...

Happy Thursday, LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers!

There is a guy who does videos on Buzzfeed and each week he posts on his Facebook page:  "Man.  This fucking week.  Am I right?"  

And sadly it's not repetitive to me even week after week after week, I just want to say back "YES. YOU ARE RIGHT."  

This new job of mine has been chewing on me like a rabid dog, but in the past couple weeks I have started to get into the rhythm.  There's this tiny voice in my head that keeps saying "You're a scrapper!  You're a scrapper!"  The voice is getting slowly louder and more convincing.

There are two tech guys who are doing a particularly misogynistic job of trying to undermine me.  They keep saying "Oh Lily just doesn't understand ...." and pretend I am not even on a call or in the room whenever I disagree with something they are saying.  As if it is more plausible that I am an idiot versus them being wrong.  And I want to say "Your development work is three months behind schedule, WHAT DON'T I UNDERSTAND?"    

But I don't say those words because frankly in matters of technology development, I need more friends than enemies.  In this particular matter, I'd rather swallow my pride several times than burn a bridge I will need to have in my back pocket to be successful.  So I tell myself "Suck it up, Little Camper!" 

This guy I barely know - let's call him "Mr. Fuel Additive Salesman Wannabe" read my blog where I mentioned a guy who was in sales and was a big liar.  He automatically assumed I was talking about him ... which I can absolutely understand why.  

I guess I need to be more specific about which particular lying male I am referring to in my blog ... that or stop associating with so many men who LIE!  Ahhh, what a Sophie's choice that one is!  LOL!

"Man.  These fucking men.  Am I right?"  should be my weekly Facebook post!  

Side Note:  Why do guys I am no longer interested in dating continue to read my blog?  Probably for the same reason people I don't want to be friends with read my blog?  Click on some ads while you're here, ex-boyfriends, people I don't want as boyfriends, ex-friends and people I don't want as friends - I could use the ad revenue dollars!  

My horoscope for August said that I wouldn't have to chase anyone this month, that romantically men would be pursuing me.  Which has been shockingly true, but what the horoscope neglected to say is that I wouldn't be interested in 90% of those who are chasing me.  Sigh!

I have 10,001 pictures from my latest adventures and zero drive to post them and write about anything!  But perhaps eventually when life slows down, I will actually take a moment -- I have a post called "Three Nights of Udon in the Twin Cities" that is just begging to be written.  BEGGING!

But until then, I will wish a belated Happy Birthday to my favorite "dirt farmer."  The Matt Nathanson song "Birthday Girl" makes me think of lovely Mr. Indiana in many ways ...



Happy Thursday, LilyOnTheLam.com readers!  I am happy the weekend is almost here ... are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...