Saturday, May 3, 2014

Post Bills: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

Hello LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers:

My name is Lily and I am a procrastinator.

Hi Lily.  (At least that's what the voices in my head are saying.)

I love to travel.  I love to shop.  I love to eat.  I love to take pictures.  I sometimes love to write.  

This combination means I have giant file folders filled with pictures from my various adventures that have yet to find their way into a blog post.  I tell myself "yes, yes, I'll blog about that eventually."  And then years go by.

I did a great job of blogging about my February 2013 British Virgin Islands trip - for the first half of the trip … and here it is April 2014 and I still haven't blogged about the second half of the trip.  And frankly probably never will.  Sigh.

I like to write restaurant reviews for my blog, but there again the procrastination causes unintended effects.  In July 2012, I went to this charming bistro (and walked through a heroin addict's delight neighborhood to get to the other side of town to visit it) in Vancouver, British Columbia.  

It was called Au Petit Chauvignol.  I had this incredible short rib poutine and the most decadent salted caramel cookie ice cream sandwich.  I could not wait to blog about this lovely restaurant.  But procrastination set in - and then the restaurant closed.  Blogging about a closed restaurant that had really good food seems unfair … so of course I never did.


Short Rib Poutine at the now closed Au Petit Chauvignol

This also happened when Ms. Nic and I had dinner at Domani Bistro Lounge in Seminole Heights, Florida.  We had a lovely dinner.  I took pictures of everything with the hopes of blogging about it soon.  Then procrastination set in and two weeks later the restaurant burned down.  Whoops!  I'm not saying that had I written my restaurant review in time that the restaurant would not have burned down, but hey you never know!

I'd like to say experiences like these have been the kick start for me to throw aside my procrastination and start writing all the blog posts I have been meaning to write for years.  I'd like to say that … but who are we kidding?  I'll try my best and we'll see where it goes.  

Until then, here are pictures from July 2012 in Kitsilano, Vancouver, British Columbia.  I was walking to Jethro's Fine Grub - an 8 table restaurant on Dunbar Street that I had seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (Guy Fieri annoys me but I love diner food).  I, of course, never wrote about my breakfast there - because I am a PROCRASTINATOR!  But maybe some day for that as well.  (It was really tasty!)

As I went for a gorgeous walk in "Kits" (Kitsilano), I saw posters decorating a construction site and I just had to take some pictures.  Here they are for your viewing pleasure 















    

Can you name all the Bills?  ;-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...