Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy May Day!

Hello LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers:

Before I launch into today's post, let me just say:  Neil Patrick Harris in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway was BEYOND FANTASTIC!  My heart still belongs to John Cameron Mitchell in the movie version, but Neil Patrick Harris really delivered.  Go see this show NOW!



Now back to our regularly scheduled blog post ...

I originally started this blog in mid-December 2010.  There are millions of blogs on the internet, so I wasn't trying to conquer the world or make millions of dollars.  I wanted to write about my travels and adventures … and if people read the posts, well hey even better.

I didn't choose to write about just one thing - food, travel, life, philosophy … because frankly I am self-diagnosed ADHD and I bore easily.  I wanted to write about whatever I wanted to write about, whenever I felt like writing.  Turns out for many time periods I did not feel like writing at all!  When blogging feels like work, then something is wrong in my book.

I would try to get myself to write more regularly.  I remember many times thinking "I'd like to take one month and have a blog post published every single day for that month."  I don't even know how many times I set that goal.  But I would usually chuck the goal by day 3 or 4.  

Well on this May 1, 2014, I am happy to announce that I finally did what I had set out to do numerous times …  for the month of April, I had a post published every single day.  Were they the most fascinating and interesting posts ever?  YES.  OK maybe not, but that wasn't my goal - ha ha!

I can't believe it has taken me so long to make good on my goal.  I guess it's because I never made it a priority.  Regardless, it feels good to have met my goal finally.

A couple years ago, my sister and I went to India.  We traveled to the Red Fort at Agra on our way to the Taj Mahal.  There were monkeys everywhere.  When I returned, I made the header photo of this blog a picture of the monkeys at the fort.  While I seem to change my avi photo on Twitter every couple of weeks, I have not felt compelled to change the header picture for LilyOnTheLam.Com.

One friend snidely said I needed to get rid of "that awful monkey butt picture" on my blog.  My response: "Thanks but this blog is for me.  If you don't like the picture, don't look at my blog."  

I'm proud of my writing.  It's not Shakespeare, but it's a reflection of me.      



So on this May Day 2014, I celebrate reaching (and exceeding) my 30 blog posts in 30 days goal.  (Actually I posted a lot more than 30 blog posts in 30 days because of a 2nd post on Easter as well as my "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" on Broadway mini-posts countdown!  So actually 41 posts in 30 days- holy cow!)  I also celebrate making my goals a bigger priority in my life.  Last but not least, I celebrate staying true to myself regardless of people's unsolicited opinions.  

On this May Day, I hope you devote yourself to goals that need greater attention.  Because it feels wonderful when you successfully accomplish a goal!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...