Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hair, Drag Queens, Dating and Seasonal Croissant Doughnuts!

Hello LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers!

I feel like my blog is my forgotten step-child.  I have a zillion pictures of all my adventures and yet I have been terrible at documenting/curating my life in this blog.  Forgive me but I am too busy having fun!  

This has been the summer of drag queens.  I saw Bianca Del Rio, Jinkx Monsoon, Ben De La Creme and Miss Richfield 1981 in Provincetown, Massachusetts.  Then I met RuPaul Drag Race Season 7 winner Violet Chachki, Season 7 Miss Congeniality Katya, Season 7 contestant Trixie Mattel and Season 2 contestant Sonique in Tampa Bay and Orlando.  My Instagram account is chock full of drag queen pictures.  


Violet Chachki
The fantastic Katya

Trixie Mattel

Sonique


Having my hair dyed every color under the sun has destroyed my hair.  I finally decided to do something with the straw-like mass on my head and had almost all of my hair chopped off.  It's been almost a week with the new week and I still don't recognize myself when I look in the mirror.  But I am glad I did it.  I think it's important to shake things up in your life - even if it's just something simple like your hair or fashion.

Not that I am a huge astrology fan or anything, but Venus is finally out of retrograde and the gray cloud that has been hanging over my love life has lifted.  I have made dating a much bigger priority lately.  It has been a tremendous reminder about truly how many different, interesting men are out there.  

My latest date was with a 6'4" gentleman with dimples for days who has an actor "Michael Fassbender vibe" about him.  I refer to him as the Faux Fassbender.  It's been a long time since I was excited to be out and about just meeting people - usually I feel like it is such a chore.  I am happy to be enjoying the moment and spending time with different people.  We only have one life, it's important to try to enjoy as much as possible.

And with that in mind, Piquant Epicure & Cuisine in Hyde Park, Tampa, Florida has seasonal pumpkin croissant doughnuts.  So delicious!  I have been avoiding caffeine, but today I had an iced cold brew coffee and half a pumpkin croissant doughnut.  I am so jacked, I feel like I could lift a semi truck one-handed!

Piquant Hyde Park Pumpkin Croissant Doughnuts

Pumpkin Filling inside the Croissant Doughnut
I walked five miles this morning and I am pretty sure my half a pumpkin croissant doughnut packed on twice as many calories as I burned this morning, but ohhhhh it was so worth it!

What is your favorite guilty pleasure to eat?  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...