Friday, June 13, 2014

Broadway, Stop Trying To Bankrupt Me!

Happy Friday, LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers!

It has felt like this entire week was one long "Friday the 13th" - someone close to me was going through an extremely painful crisis and I was trying my best to help her.  Now on the actual "Friday the 13th," it looks as if (knock on wood) that all may be resolved in a good fashion - but I am so scared that things will fall through that I don't want to exhale just yet.  Still holding my breath and praying!  Fingers still crossed!

Very soon I will be seeing "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" on Broadway for the 2nd time and this time from the front row!  Neil Patrick Harris - in his role as the testy Hedwig - took a giant gulp of water and spit it on two women who got up in the middle of the show and made half a row (including me) stand up so they could get up and go to the bathroom.  It's only a 95 minute show people!  Go to the bathroom before the show starts!

I heard today that when Neil Patrick Harris finishes his run as Hedwig, the wonderfully witty actor Andrew Rannells will be taking over as Hedwig.  Many people know Andrew Rannells when he originated a role in The Book of Mormon.  I was not able to get tickets to The Book of Mormon on Broadway until I think year two of the show, so Andrew Rannells was no longer in the show by the time I saw it.  

I am pretty sure this is a master plan from Broadway to bankrupt me, because of course now I also want to see Andrew Rannells when he performs as Hedwig.  He is very different from Neil Patrick Harris and I can't wait to see what he does!

I have never seen a show on Broadway twice.  I have seen some shows a 2nd time (Wicked, Les Mis) when they are in a touring company show locally but I have never seen a Broadway show twice.  "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is going to be my record for show I have seen the most times on Broadway!    

I may be eating ramen noodles for all meals from now until 2025, but I am going to make sure I see Hedwig with Andrew Rannells in the lead role!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I feel like Queen Social Butterfly as I will be going from party after party after party this weekend.  Usually I have been the one hosting parties, so it's great to go to several events where my only duties are to eat, drink and have a great time!

P.S. If you have time this weekend, go see "22 Jump Street" - I had lower hopes for this sequel but it really delivered in laughs.  Mindless fun.  A great distraction from a long, difficult week!  Make sure you stay for the credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...