Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Product Wednesday: Bowties and Butterflies - Trader Joe's Farfalle with 4 Cheeses and Spinach

Happy New Product Wednesday, LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers!

It's time once again for products that are new or new to me!  After a couple weeks' hiatus from Trader Joe's products, I have returned to my reviews in honor of the new South Tampa Trader Joe's!  

Today's product review is Trader Joe's Farfalle with 4 Cheeses and Spinach.  Farfalle means butterfly in Italian, but for some reason we call Farfalle pasta "Bowtie pasta."  (Much to my Sicilian's friend ire!)

Whether you call it bow ties or butterflies, I love the Farfalle pasta shape.  I find it holds a nice amount of sauce which gives a great pasta to sauce ratio in each bite.

I have been working like a fiend wrapping up my old job and starting a new job for my current company.  I have a lot to prove to my new team and there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do.

Given the heightened stress environment, I knew I would need to stock my freezer with some easy to make meals.  Now I try not to have a diet heavy on processed foods, but sometimes you just have to go for convenience.

Trader Joe's has several pasta items that range from 300-450 calories.  When I saw that Trader Joe's had microwaveable farfalle pasta with four cheeses and spinach, I knew I had to try it.


This pasta is very easy to make.  The sauce is rich and creamy with a tart cheesy taste.  There is a decent amount of spinach, although I'd love even more.  The entree itself was very filling and made my taste buds happy as well.  

I will definitely get this entree again.  It tastes incredibly rich without being a million calories!

If you're looking for a quick heat and eat meal, check out this entree from Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...