Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Reason to Love The Cheesecake Factory Without Guilt

It has been raining like crazy in Tampa Bay (see my Tropical Storm Debby flood pictures here) and I have been using the rain as an excuse not to work out.  But enough is enough!  


Several friends and I have chucked out that "can't exercise because it's raining" rationalization and have started acting "suburban" by mall walking when it rains.  I wear a pedometer and we can easily pound out 5-7 miles as we run past the Godiva store and the Haagen Daaz counter in the food court.  


After burning calories in mall walking, the last thing we want to do is eat something fatty.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that The Cheesecake Factory has a great lower calorie menu that they call Skinnylicious (TM).  My new favorite meal out is The Cheesecake Factory's Skinnylicious (TM) Menu Chicken Lettuce Wraps in Mediterranean Style.  $5.95 and under 490 calories?  I am in love!


You can also order the Chicken Lettuce Wraps in Asian or Mexican Style.  I LOVE these lettuce wraps - very tasty, surprisingly filling and awesome paired with the Paradise Passionfruit Unsweetened Iced Tea.  I love that I can have this dinner after power mall walking and feel like I am making a healthy choice.


Needless to say I refrain from ordering my favorite cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory (the banana cream cheesecake) after mall walking.  I have heard the low carb, sugar free cheesecake is good - but I just try to stay away from the dessert menu altogether.


If you're looking for a healthy lunch or dinner, check out these chicken lettuce wraps.  Who knew "The Cheesecake Factory" could be synonymous with healthy choices?  I love their Skinnylicious menu!


Google Affiliate Ad:  


But if you do feel like cheesecake, I have this mini cheesecake pan and I love it!

The Cheesecake Factory on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...