Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Product Wednesday: Gift-Giving Ideas: World's Largest Gummy Bear

If you've been keeping up with Lily on The Lam for the past several Wednesdays, you'll know that "New Product Wednesday" has been switched to showcase potential gift ideas for the holiday season. 

When I was a kid, my Aunt sent a box of various presents to me for Christmas.  One of the presents was a 7 ounce Hershey's Kiss.  This Hershey's Kiss might as well have been as big as my head.  My eyes bugged out at the sheer size and heft of this chocolate kiss.  I kept it in the refrigerator and as the weeks went by, it looked like a family of tiny beavers had set to work on it.  I'd just use my teeth as tiny microplanes and shave off a curl or two to keep myself satisfied.  It's no wonder my teeth need a place like Smiles Unlimited after all that beaver-style teething.  

Now Hershey's makes what they call "The World's Largest Hershey's Kiss" ($24.95 USD) weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs and 12.8 ounces.  The chocolate kiss is hollow and filled with ... you guessed it ... regular sized Hershey's kisses.

Perhaps it is fond memories of my Aunt spoiling me with presents that puts a soft spot in my heart (and digestive tract) for ridiculously huge-sized candy.  It is with this insanity that I exhaled a "Oooooooh WOW" when I heard about Vat19.com's "The World's Largest Gummy Bear."  It is five pounds!  FIVE POUNDS!  It is the equivalent of 1400 Gummy Bears!

If Little School Age Lily received a five pound Gummy Bear for Christmas, I guarantee you she would have passed out!  But with a smile on her face!

And it has a one year shelf life, in case you choose to try shaving off bits with your two front-teeth like Little School Age Lily did a long time ago.

I would like to say for blog writing's sake that I ordered the five pound gummy bear and have a picture below, but this insane beast is not only FIVE POUNDS but it is 6,120 calories!  I love you, LilyOnTheLam.com blog readers - but my stomach will NOT love you if I have a five pound gummy bear in the house.

However, I do invite you readers to try out the five pound gummy bear and then send me comments or emails (LilyOnTheLam@gmail.com) to let me know what you thought about it!

Seasons Greetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...