Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Product Wednesday: Modern Love by Matt Nathanson

Wednesdays at LilyOnTheLam.com are usually reserved for products or services that are new to me.  However, rules are made to be broken.  Today's "New Product Wednesday" is about a product I have had for quite some time ... the album "Modern Love" by singer/songwriter Matt Nathanson (@MattNathanson on Twitter).  I purchased it on iTunes when it first came out over six months ago.

So now you may ask - if I have owned this album for quite sometime - why am I featuring it for New Product Wednesday?  It's simple math ... if you are a talented singer/songwriter who happens to be sexy as hell and you write my name on your CD (spelling it correctly without me spelling it because you are a super genius) and then give me a cute little squeeze ... I will make your CD my recommendation for New Product Wednesday!  Yes, I can be bought - I make no bones about that whatsoever.  Matt Nathanson has set the bar -- I'll be installing velvet rope lines for all other sexy singer-songwriters who would like to be featured on New Product Wednesday.  (Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?)

Yesterday, Matt Nathanson was the opening act for the lovely and talented Miss Kelly Clarkson at Ruth Eckerd Hall in Clearwater, Florida.  I have been a Matt Nathanson fan for years, but first saw him in concert opening for Maroon 5 at the sadly named 1-800-ASK-GARY amphitheater.  Thanks to LM and KT, I was able to see Matt Nathanson last night in a much smaller venue from the 10th row.  I don't think it's fair that someone so good-looking should be so talented as well.  Share the wealth a little, Mr. Nathanson!

But what was even better than watching the concert from the 10th row was getting to talk with Matt himself (who knew he had a nose ring?), get a signed CD (yes, I already own Modern Love and yet bought a new one to get it signed.  You smart moneymaker, Mr. Nathanson!), get a half-hug-squeeze and a picture with the aforementioned sexy singer-songwriter.  





My favorite songs off "Modern Love" are "Bottom of the Sea," "Room @ The End of the World," the uber-delicious song "Faster" and of course, last but not least ... "Modern Love."

As Matt Nathanson sings on the song "Modern Love": "I've carried hopes/And heavy daydreams she said/But I'm done with sleeping ..."

For some reason my hair looks like it was crimped in this photo, so I cut myself out and kept the beautiful Matt Nathanson in ... He evidently found the fountain of youth because he looks 23 to me!


Whether you are pro-good music or pro-hot men, Matt Nathanson fulfills both needs.  So check out his latest release "Modern Love" today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...