Monday, February 20, 2012

Lucky Thirteen

Happy Presidents' Day!  I wish I had today off from work!  But I have my own four day weekend coming up, so I am going to try not to be jealous of those who have today off from work.  I hope this Presidents' weekend finds you all well.  I was happily surprised to see that I broke the 13,000 page views barrier today.  It seems like just yesterday I was at 5,000 page views, so the frequency of new people reading my blog posts is definitely increasing at a faster rate.  Thanks for that!  This past weekend, my iPhone was snapping away lots of pictures for upcoming blog posts.  Now I just need to sit down and write some!  I actually was working on a piece last night, but it's going to be a long, emotional one; so I need some extra time to flush out all the nuances of that particular piece.  The restaurant reviews are so much easier!  The big hits that helped push me past 13,000 page views are my review of Chef Richie Farina's cooking demo here in Tampa and my review of Chef Floyd Cardoz's new restaurant North End Grill in New York City.  If you haven't had a chance to read them; please check them out!  A recent post that I hope more people will get to read is my Valentine to one of my favorite places in all the world - Podunk, an American Tea Room in New York City.  Be my Valentine and read it today.

I've been doing a lot of deep soul-searching this past week.  It wasn't a good week for me and it was sadly not a good week for some of my friends either.  One friend had to put her dog to sleep.  Another was laid off from her job - a job she worked round the clock and put her heart and soul into.  And as for me, I discovered I put my trust in the wrong person and gave my heart away too easily to someone who clearly did not deserve it.  "Shame on me for kissing you with my eyes closed so tight" - as the line from "That Thing You Do!" goes.

Fortunately or unfortunately, this is all a part of life and life does indeed move on, whether we want it to or not.  So again I move forward and hope that the future has more benefits than negatives.  And if you're in the mood to play guessing games with movie quotes, I would add: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."  

I saw the movie "Haywire" last night.  I had wanted to see it for quite sometime, but was waiting for Bad-Ass Bandit to be free to see it with me.  Finally, I gave up on that plan and saw it for myself.  If you're a woman feeling sad and down and powerless about your current situation, I have to say that watching Gina Carano (@ginacarano on Twitter) kicking ass for an hour and a half definitely does something to lift the spirits.  Seeing a film with sexy Michael Fassbender in it, also helps.  A lot.  Hahahahhahah.  Sometimes the biggest hurts can be fixed with the simplest of solutions.

Thank you for reading my blog - as I have said before and will continue to say, I appreciate the emails, comments, Tweets and support!  Keep posted to LilyOnTheLam.com - as always, there is more to come!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...