Tuesday, October 21, 2014

And Now For The Contestant From Brazil!

Hello LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers:

If you are a regular reader, you may remember my post on the chocolate banana candy bar from Croatia which I found in a Polish deli in Largo, Florida and then my subsequent discovery in Budapest, Hungary of an Austrian chocolate banana candy bar.  Although I usually do my "new product reviews" on Wednesdays, I just had to post this a day early!

On Monday, I opened my front door and there was a box with three weeks of mail waiting for me.  Since I have been traveling the world, the good people at the USPS have been holding my mail for me.  

Note to self: pre-election time is a terrible time to have your mail held.  I swear half of my accumulated three weeks worth of mail was election flyers.  What a waste of paper, ink and money.  I'm glad the USPS has the business but every political campaign propaganda material went straight into the recycling bin without me reading a word.

A much brighter item in my mail hold box was my monthly subscription box from Love with Food - the snack box subscription service that donates meals to children for each snack box purchased.  

Now I must add a P.S. that for the past ten years, I have donated money (and every now and again my volunteer time) to local Florida charity Metropolitan Ministries.  I do believe that giving directly to the charity makes a greater impact than purchasing a snack box who then in turns buys a meal for a hungry child.  BUT if you're going to have a subscription to a snack box service, why not have one that has really amazing snacks AND helps feed hungry children?  

Love with Food and Nature Box are my two favorite snack box subscription services.  (With OishiiBox and Skoshbox being my favorite Asian candy monthly subscription services.)   

Another side note, I blame my new box of the month subscription addiction on my friend The First Lady of Lynchburg.  I went to visit her for Memorial Day weekend and she had all these different fun box of the month subscription boxes waiting for her.  For a new product lover like me, it was like materialistic nirvana!

I eagerly opened my Love with Food subscription box and then I gasped.  What is this?  A BRAZILIAN BANANA BAR!  Had my chocolate banana candy bar competition jumped to a new continent?  I scanned the package and then opened it.  Ahhh no, not a candy bar and not chocolate.  It was a cinnamon and sugar banana bar.  Sort of like a Lara bar but much better.  It's bananas, cinnamon and sugar blended into a soft delicious bar.  Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the Cinnamon and Sugar Banana Bananinha Bar from Nutryvitta ... 




While the Bananinha bar does not have chocolate in it, I would take it over the Austrian and Croatian banana chocolate bars I reviewed earlier because it tasted so good.  This is a gluten free fruit bar that doesn't taste overly processed or artificial.

If you're looking for a portable, gluten free snack bar with a real taste of banana; I would recommend you check out this fancy little Brazilian import.  You can buy them through the Love with Food website.  (Side note:  I receive no compensation in goods, services or money for writing about Love with Food and their box products.  But I'll gladly take any freebies if they want to send me some!)

Sorry Austria and Croatia, so far in the battle of the banana bars - Brazil/Brasil has beaten you!

P.S. One side effect of the Bananinha bar is that for some reason the name "Bananinha" reminds me of the Muppets doing the Mahna Mahna song ... and so now after eating the banana bar, I keep hearing this in my head ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...