Sunday, July 21, 2013

Loss Is A Hard Thing To Deal With - Especially When It Comes To Frozen Treats

Happy Sunday (or in this case Sundae) LilyOnTheLam.com Readers!

TheSavory.Com published a slideshow on 20 discontinued flavors of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream that readers still miss.  I reviewed the slides and was amazed at how many of the flavors I have never head of - was I living under a rock when Miz Jelena's Sweet Potato Pie (1992-1993) was on the market?  

The slideshow had two flavors that I do mourn (um I mean miss) - Purple Passionfruit Sorbet and Cool Britannia - strawberry ice cream with shortbread chunks.  

But the Ben and Jerry's flavor that I miss the most did not make the list.  I have been missing the fabulous treat of Ben and Jerry's Pink Lemonade sorbet for almost 20 years now.  

If you tell me that the Ben and Jerry's retail ice cream stores sell a lemonade sorbet, I will bark at you "THAT IT'S NOT THE SAME!"  

Almost twenty years and I am still angry. 

I am a bitter curmudgeon when it comes to my beloved Pink Lemonade Sorbet.

Do you have a discontinued Ben and Jerry's flavor that you are still mourning its loss?  Tell me about it in the comments section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...