Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Times May Change But The Elevator Urinator Keeps Peeing On and On

Hello LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers:

If you are a frequent LilyOnTheLam reader, you may remember my post on the "Manic Urinator" that has been making my condo elevator his/her own private port-a-potty.  Well we had a reprieve from the great debate whether the urine was from a dog or human when our elevator underwent maintenance for a month.  Sure I had to climb six flights daily, but I didn't have to tip toe around pools of urine either.

Well the elevator repairs were completed ahead of schedule - and now on day 5 of the elevator being back in service I got the great treat of riding up the elevator with my arms full of groceries and a slow moving pool of urine meandering dangerously close to my feet.

Sure I could have left the elevator and not looked back.  I could only imagine how many residents would ride the Urine Express Elevator without cleaning it up.  But no - today I would be an adult and clean up the disgusting mess that someone else has been chronically (and pathologically!) leaving behind without a care.  

They say that the holy trinity of serial killers is bedwetting, fire starting and cruelty to animals.  I think elevator-wetting should be in there too.  How sick do you have to be to allow your dog (or themselves) to relieve themselves in a public elevator constantly with no care or concern for anyone else who takes the elevator?  GROSS!

Maybe the offender is into Golden Showers and is trying to entice new playmates.  "Hey, here's a pool of urine - let's see what you can do with it!  Yeah baby!"

It's just disgusting.

So instead of just going into my condo and letting the urine be someone else's problem, I cleaned up the warm, yellow urine of unknown origin.  It took less than two minutes.  It takes much longer to clean my cats' litter!  I said a silent prayer that I was getting points in heaven for this before I threw away all the urine-soaked and cleaning product-soaked paper towels and went to scrub my hands thoroughly.

I left a basket containing a large roll of paper towels, a bottle of cleaning spray and a note imploring the offending resident to clean up after themselves, in the lobby.  I'm sure someone will just steal the lovely black and white basket and its contents to use in their home - but I am trying to be optimistic!  All of the other previous notes that residents had left had zero effect - maybe my lilting handwriting would finally convince the Elevator Urinator to take some personal responsibility.

Keep my elevator in your prayers, people!  I hope this is the last post about riding in elevators with URINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...