Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Bummer!

Happy Sunday LilyOnTheLam.Com Readers:

One of my favorite "Fancy Brunches" in Tampa Bay was the extravagant multi-station buffet brunch at Marchand's at the Vinoy in St. Petersburg.  (Read about my past brunch experience at Marchand's here.)

As we gear into holiday season, I have family guests coming twice in the next two months and I wanted to take them for brunch at Marchand's - because it truly is the best in town with some amazing seafood.  Well imagine my surprise when I went to make reservations I discovered that they no longer do the brunch buffet - only certain a la carte items.  I really felt like it was the end of an era in terms of "fancy brunches." Luckily, my second favorite Sunday brunch place in Tampa Bay (Oystercatchers) is still serving their fabulous buffet.

I read the reviews of Marchand's since they have been doing a la carte items - many reviewers shared my same thoughts - wanting the buffet to come back.  I assume it must not have been cost-effective, but I really wish they would return to their excellent brunch buffet.

Truly a Sunday bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily On The Lam wants to hear from you ... Seriously, she does ...